View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #28
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Normagene, I am sorry you had to experience this traumatic event! I don't blame your near heart attack with the car sitting on random wood blocks! If I were closer, I would be glad to help you install these. For the record, you don't have to have the car off the ground to remove the front fascia. The first time I did mine, it sat on the floor in the garage. I just found taking the front wheels makes it easier. The good thing is that all of the screws that need to be removed to remove the fascia are all along the front edge of the car and the entire belly pan does not need to come off.

Did you at least get the DRL harness installed? That only takes a few minutes by turning your wheels to the left, removing 3 screws and plugging in the harness.

Also, I would not recommend installing the Noweeds system with the car on jacks. If I were you I would find a friend with a car lift, or find a local shop to help you install it. Again, if you were local I would be happy to help (so I could practice on your car instead of mine). Ha!
Thanks Matt, really the front fascia can come off that easily, my husband looked in the wheelwell and the liner had all kinds of screws that needed to be removed to pull it back, and its not flimsy so do you end up creasing it. He did say that the belly pan has like three or four screws that are connected to the spoiler, but he removed it to get it on jack stands. I'll let him know he can do this flat on the ground. I don't want to put him in danger, and no he didn't get to the harness, the stress level had peaked and it was time to put it back together and put everything away for the day. The Noweeds we think we can afford some shop time, just have them do the cut and install, drill the hole and from there we can do the rest which is basically fish the wires to the seat, plug in all the connections, test the controls and put the seat back in, mount the switch panel and should be good to go! We'll try to keep the shop time to a minimum. Anyway Mart, thanks for your support, you always have excellent advise. Thanks, I really mean that, and I'm definitely trying to get the look of your car because it is by far the BEST LOOKING ZL1 I've ever seen!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote