View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 01:00 AM   #20
phiz118
It's amazing!

Drives: 2007 Lexas IS350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
The constitution provides for due process. This is a violation of that basic principle.

It's a chipping away of privacy and more towards a police state with less freedom and privacy. This is why it's a problem. If they can take an inch they will want a mile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Constitution - Fifth Amendment
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury...
The fifth amendment gives you the right to due process if you are being deprived of life, liberty, or property (i.e. fined, jailed, etc...). In this case, they are not asking you to answer for the crime, just notifying you that you may have committed one. How are they depriving you of life, liberty or property? Or how are they violating the constitution?

Should they spend 2 million on this effort? IMO NO, I believe it to be a huge waste of money, but I don't see the due process angle.
phiz118 is offline   Reply With Quote