View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 07:58 AM   #61
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Update time again, also I'm sorry that I've been taking over this thread lately:

Well about a week ago I sent all my information (notes, work orders, etc) to the BBB and Chevrolet (no longer Chevy). The BBB confirmed that they received my information and that I would be hearing from them at a later date. Chevrolet however called me requesting more and more information about my case so that they would be able to make a fair assessment of the situation. Perfectly understandable. I get a call from my service rep, let's call her 33198, and she tells me that she is waiting on copies of my work orders from one of the dealers I took my car to and then she would make her assessment. I was a little confused on that because I had faxed her all of the work orders that I was given from both dealer's I went to. Apparently she has to double check that, again understandable. She want's to make sure she has all the facts straight. This is the part where she loses with the whole "understanding her actions". I asked her if she was able to give me a rough assessment of the situation, which she did nicely of course. She told me that their was in fact no problem with my car and because of the nature of the metallic pads all cars brakes squeal and that I should just get used to it. She hammered the last nail in when I asked what I should do now as that my brakes were still squealing loudly and it was becoming an annoyance to drive the car (which is my daily driver). My favorite part here "the problem that I am having with my brakes is not Chevrolet's responsibility and if I continue to have problems with them I should take my car to the dealer and work a solution out with them."

Bam. Sucker punch. Jab. Jab. Left hook. Finisher. I felt like I had been hit by a bus. I've spent the past 2 and a half months trying to find a solution and work with Chevrolet and when I finally think I've made progress and that they will be able to help me out so how Bam. She tells me that its not her problem and I should just suck it up. I was speechless, absolutely no idea what or where I was to go from here. If it wasn't for the huge financial loss I'd take with selling the car that would be my plan right now.