View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #5
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
thanks for the responses but my question is if allocations are made public when they are made.

the reason I ask is because I am #1 on the list with one dealer and #2 on the list with a much larger dealer. I am interested in finding out about the public assessibilty of allocation #'s and specific dealers so I can hold my dealers accountable for being honest with me. Both dealers told me that any reputable dealer will not take a deposit on a vehicle they are not sure they will have an allocation for even though I tried to give them $10k to insure my spot.

ultimately, I want to know if they allocations are public information so I can hold dealers to their word should they get an allocation.
My dealer accepted my deposit last September and I am #1 on their Z/28 order list. I have that in writing. Family dealership, and they sell everything at MSRP (I have personal experience with this dealer selling at or below MSRP during the initial Z06 frenzy.) However, they did not promise me a car because they did not/do not know their allocation, if any, but they presume to receive a Z/28 allocation due to their high-volume of ZL1 and Corvette sales.

In regards to allocation, my dealer told me yesterday that allocation appears on their ordering system (which is not public) for a three month horizon. Based on their sales volume of ZL1's and Corvettes, we both hope they are allocated at least one in the first allocation window. If not, we wait for the next three month allocation window, etc.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote