View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #241
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
OK- we need a list of who is coming from where (what approach route).

Throughout this thread, we have talked about having two caravans from the US-from the West and from the South (and Southeast)- meet somewhere and become one long one for the final drive to Oshawa. Please list your anticipated route and I will edit it into this post so we can see if we can get everyone together for the ride.

I plan on entering Canada via the Rainbow Bridge (Niagara Falls,NY) but I could switch if it got more cars together coming over the Peace Bridge or Lewiston-Queenston Bridge. Please list your "main" approach routes in the sequence you will follow. Also, please list total number attending.

Example: from Cincinnati,OH:
John Smith- 2 (people attending) (IOM 2SS)-> I-71/I-271/I-90/I-190/Peace Bridge/QEW/401

**should be easy to page back and find this post- I waited until it would be the first post on a new page- page 10, 1st post

Attendee list and driving route:

trm0002 Trent-2 (RJT 2SS)-> I-90 / I-190 / Rainbow Bridge / 420 / QEW / 401
trsc1970 tim-2 (IOM SS) frederick md.../ Rainbow Bridge / 420 / QEW / 401
2010CamaroJ (IOM 2SS) -> I-90 / I-190 / Rainbow Bridge / 420 / QEW / 401

Angelina (and caravan) (IOM 2SS) Windsor / 401

2nd Angelina caravan Sarnia / 402 / 401
jxmot-1 (CGM 2LT/RS)-> I-94 / I-90 / I-69 /Blue Water Bridge (Sarnia) / 402 / 401
Trent..

I was thinking...I am 15 minutes from the Ambassador Bridge and taking the 401. This is the easiest route from the west other than using 80 through to Buffalo. Angelina is coming from the north and going through the Blue Water bridge in Sarnia, or the 402. They both meet up about 2 hours out of where you want to meet. We were planning on meeting up at the first exit (186) just after the 401/402 merge in London ON which is Wellington road south. Time still up in the air and dependant on when you want to leave Toronto. My route would cover anyone coming in from 96/94 or 75. As I said, I an a straight shot and 15 minutes from the bridge.

I live less than a mile off I-75 and have ample parking at the house (6-10 cars) if anyone wants to meet up before leaving. I have a large school parking lot, Sams Club or a closed HQ. Or we can just meet up at 186.

I am open..just say the word.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote