View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #30
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnInsider View Post
My story is perfectly straight. If I've confused you, I'd be happy to clarify. Again, GM did not come up with it on their own. I've been explaining this to dealers and customers for years. To clarify quickly: Allocation is government mandated. Part of that government mandate is to provide more units to dealers who are more deserving (they determine more deserving by the potential for sales in the area, the dealer's sales history, projected sales of a particular unit in an area compared to a competitor (mustang for example against Camaros)). There's this huge, complicated formula that doesn't make sense to me and, personally, I think is total BS.

All these things are true and are not mutually exclusive. You say "Cracks me up when people say it's the law to use allocations ..... Then they turn around and say one of the things it's based on it the competitions sales in the area" Yes, we do say that, SlingShot, because both are true. Why do you think it has to be one or the other?

Show us in writing... Post a link to your info ..... It's nothing more than marketing ....