View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #11
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76 camaro View Post
Matching numbers are a big thing when it comes to values of older cars. Did you save the original block and is it the original transmission?
Yes...Block has busted crank...LOL put a 6/71 blower on it many years ago and was to much boost for stock crank, Put another forged short block in it with same 6/71 but kept original block and all original parts. Stock tranny couldn't hold up to the new Blown LS3 took a dump on second pass. Still have it though.

No big deal..i think the car is worth much more set up the way it is now than original. No one would give me 15 g's for it in original condition. I have turned down 45g's for it the way it stands now.

Everybody wants the new stuff. 700 hp vs 190 Hp gee wonder why. No carbs, starts and runs perfect. 700 Ft Lbs of torque right off idle and everything that came on the car originally works in some cases better than new.

Definitely not looking back. If anybody wants to restore a 1980 Z28 i have lots of parts...LOL

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote