Thread: NC Inspection
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #21
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Drives: 1SS IBM w/ SIM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
You're on the wrong end of the state my friend! As you go west, the roads get more and more fun. The roads leading up to the Blue Ridge Pkwy are as hair-pin and white-knuckle as you can stand. Dragon's Tail and other mountain roads are just insane. The Blue Ridge Pkwy itself isn't terribly fast (lots of tourists) but one of the most spectacular drives I have ever done.

On the bright side, where you are, there are lots of long, flat strait-aways to open it up with no one around. Unfortunately, every time I'm out that way, I'm in my company car or the LR3 (3 stands for 3-tons of slow).

Eastern carolina does suck. I lived in Barnardsville for a little while and Asheville for a few years. The first time I moved here was to Barnardsville and that's when an unfortunate thing happened to my mom. So after that I went to TN and then up to NH (where I reside now). But now the Marine Corps has me stuck here in NC. I've been up the parkway once or twice. I remember going up there to hike Mt. Mitchell.