Thread: 1LE?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #33
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesZ View Post
All a 1LE would really need is the L99 + tranny in an LS body, the 18" steel wheels are already there, add BF Goodrich Ultra High Performance radials over the stock BFG radials, add stiffer suspension, heavier brakes (not Brembo though). Keep the LS interior features but just delete the XM and Onstar. Bingo, you've got the 1LE and at least the bones for your police package (they usually run oil and tranny coolers as well + HD alternators + center console delete + radio delete). Just saying, the package would not be that difficult to offer.
Don't you mean LS3

As well I don't understand the fascination (in this post and others) with making the 1LE package have an "LS Body". The body is identical aside from the plastic nose and tiny spoiler that I doubt weighs more than an ounce less. Its not like the past where you'd have some sort of substantial weight savings by cutting out the chrome bits and body parts. Theres nothing to cut.

Suffice it to say IF GM ever did make a 1LE package it would have an SS nose/spoiler as they are much more about brand identification today and they would want the V8 car to be identified by its looks no matter what.

As for police packages, for their interceptor cars they don't delete the console, and on all cars they definitely don't delete the radio. I know tons of cops, and all of em enjoy listening to the radio during the day....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote