View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #18
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
But you're assuming that people are going to croos-shop the Z28 and Corvette. As many people have said in the past, and I was/am one of them, just because two cars have a similar price point or power output, it does not make them competitors.

While there are a lot of people on this and other performance forums who would rather buy a Corvette than a Camaro, if the price point was near the same, there are a lot more that realize that they are two completely different cars built for two different purposes. Personally, I don't think a Z28 version of a Camaro, even at close to the same price and power output, is going to cut into the sales of base Corvettes. And certainly not the Z06.

I did not buy a GT500 because I could not afford a Corvette, nor did I buy it because I thought it offered better performance. I bought it because it was the vehicle that best suited my desires/needs at this point in my life.
Great points

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote