View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #80
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
Who designed the "refresh" and what idiot approved it? Horrible. Couldn't we have just gotten the euro-tails or something?

soooooo...........may I see a show of hands as to who has actually SEEN a 2014 Camaro in person?

Funny thing happened at the Fbody Gathering in Atlanta last weekend......

.........nearly everyone liked what they saw (Crystal Red SS/RS) -- the main comment was "I don't care for the chrome strip" - and I suspect that some will paint it - some may try to remove it - and others will decide they like it once they see it for a while. Nearly everyone said "wow - I like it in person!" This did not surprise me or shock me - because you see - since the sixties (I was a pup back then) I can remember hundreds upon hundreds of styling changes that some people didn't like. (...they were a bit more polite back then.......) And yet after a few months, the style was just fine, thank you. (....well......OK...........we won't talk about the Aztek....)

This change is kinda like the first pictures of the steering wheel that were snapped in Europe wayyyyyyyyy back in 2007 -- and leaked on this very website.......if you go back and look at the threads -- it seemed the world was about to come to an end because the steering wheel was 'ugly' -- 'fugly' -- "horrid" -- (insert your favorite insult here).........

.........and so we listened and started work on a new steering wheel for '12 model year. (yup - it takes some time to validate esp. for airbag and such...)

........and suddenly people were up in arms because we were getting rid of the:

'magnificent' and "awe-inspiring" and "..solves world conflict..." (OK -- I made that last one up....) steering wheel to put an "ugly" - "fugly" - "Horrid" (Insert your favorite insult here).......steering wheel in the '12.........

.......do we see a pattern here?

Now -- Devryn - how would you like it if I called you a moron?

I wouldn't do such a thing-- and frankly I don't know you that well to make such a pronouncement -

and I suspect you're a great guy -- So - how 'bout not calling the Camaro Team "Idiots?" I think the team's proven that they're pretty good at what they do............