View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #50
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Those are much better than the polished wheels that were on the reveal car.
While I also like them better than the original wheels that the ZL1 debuted with, those original wheels have really grown on me. They have a more substantial, muscle car look as someone else mentioned earlier. The SSX wheels IMO match the design ZL1 very well also with their sharp, angular spokes. The black finish and concave, thin, and angular spokes give the ZL1 a very mean and athletic track look. Different strokes for different folks, and I think GM did a great job on both designs that provide two different, distinct looks.

I just want to reiterate how happy I am that GM decided to make the SSX wheels available as an option. As soon as I saw them on the SSX car, it was love at first sight. IMO they are the best 20" forged monoblock design that I have seen for the 5th gen, aftermarket or OEM. As much as I lusted after photoshop pics of the ZL1 with SSX wheels, I never realistically thought it would happen. This announcement completely blindsighted me with pure awesomeness.

Once again, thank you so much GM for making my dream and vision for my future ZL1 a reality.

Last edited by Shurenuff; 04-21-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote