View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 03:48 PM   #5
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Drives: 2006 Silverado 2500HD CC/SB LBZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
You bet! This is going to rock.

I have no delusions about price. It's gonna cost. And when it's done, I know it's not going to be a Z/28... but given how much I already have in customizing my car, I am willing to bet that a built LS7 will put me close to the same league, for a LOT less than the difference between selling my car and buying a $80k Z/28.

I already regularly get the Vette Grand Sport guys coming over between runs and asking what I have under the hood after I have blown past them. With an LS7, this will be like the ultimate track sleeper...

Pete
Good feeling to be on the track in a "muscle car" and handing the high end sports car some of their backside. of course there is always someone a little faster but fun to be that guy once in awhile. I was doing the same until I floated a valve into a piston last December on Streets of Willow. Now the car sits while I make up my mind on how to proceed. Going to be a stroker but LS7 is out of my price range.

Good luck on the build and make those guys take lots of pictures and provide updates. I think it is also appropriate that Justice Pete make the handling a little better to go along with the new found NA power!

Travis

"Just like farmer engineering. Find the weak link and fix it, then find the next one." Salt Cat Racing
tadams72 is offline   Reply With Quote