View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 01:57 AM   #61
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1-Z28 View Post
So i'm thinking ssome stuff up... I seem to do a lot of that lol..

Since I already have a cat-back.. why not just buy the SLP LM1 Resonator off of their website, have the local muffler shop cut the Magnaflow muffler off and weld in the resonator? Can this be done? I know I will have to get an adapter of some sort(which they will probably have) to bring the pipe in to the resonator and to go to the passsenger side pipe.. I just love my tips i have and didnt wanna give them up..

For the SLP LM1 cat-back i will be paying about $400, versus this $80 and probably $50-100 at the muffler shop, so prob around $150 or so...

What do you think, and will it work?

Thanks. BTW I LOVE my stripe.. Can't wait to get it painted!
I dunno, you'll just need to worry about the section of pipe where the muffler was.. traditionally the LM resonator is placed before the axle, so if you cut out the muffler and splice the resonator in before the axle you would just need to worry about getting that fixed up.

quick question.. your stripe is vinyl correct? where did you get it, and how much did it cost you? lol

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote