View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #4
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
Next I Had to Get A Little Sound, Performance, and Safety

As we all know by now, if you have a stock SS or a 1/LE without the NPP exhaust, the car just sounds way too quiet. Doesn't have that nice muscle car sound at all. I knew just getting an exhaust to start off would not net me anything performance wise, but I just needed something that sounded a lot more like it looked.

I decided to go with the Stainless Works 3" Retro Chambered Catback Exhaust to the factory connection points. I couldn't have been happier with my purchase. It was shipped extremely fast and it was at a great price (thanks to DynoSteve at RDP). Exhaust sounded absolutely amazing. (I will post up before and after videos soon when I decide to put it together in a short youtube clip). It wasn't a bad install at all either, ended up doing it in my driveway with a friend with the car on jackstands. After getting off the factory exhaust the install of the Stainless Works one was a piece of cake outside of playing with the location of the exhaust tips. I really would recommend this exhaust to anyone: it looks great, sounds great, and the people over at Stainless Works are very helpful about answering any questions you may have. I had originally planned on going with an AGP twin turbo kit, and they responded quickly to help reassure that I picked out the right exhaust if I planned to go that route, and I would be able to use it if I decided to go with Long tube headers and go the Supercharger route as well.

Name:  Stainless Works Exhaust.jpg
Views: 2459
Size:  204.4 KB

While I was installing the exhaust I found a slightly used Roto Fab Cold Air Intake here on the forums and decided to put it on the car as well. It definitely added a slight bit of happiness to the butt dyno. But I knew it was only scratching the surface without a proper tune and other supporting mods.

Name:  IMG_1229.jpg
Views: 2407
Size:  225.5 KB

A couple weeks later I decided to install a catch can just for a bit of added safety since I knew I was going to start taking this car to the drag strip soon. I went with the Moroso catch can and although it is a simple system, it has worked very effective in catching a lot of blow by for me. No complaints here.

Name:  Catch Can Install - 1 (1).jpg
Views: 2356
Size:  119.0 KB

Last edited by TheInfamouSS; 02-15-2018 at 01:08 PM.
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote