View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #7
Loader
Camaro Lover

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_The_Great_Cuervo View Post
Okay, check this out. I was talking w/ some friends who are BIG import guys and when I told them that I was getting the new Camaro they all started ragging on me.

One of them drives a new Evo. I think it has a turbo. Anyways, he was telling me that my main downfall to beating imports, especially his, is that off the line my tires will skid a lot and will cause me to lose. He said, on top of that, that he wouldn't race a muscle car anyways because RWD often causes the tail to almost hit him. Something like that.

My question is, what is the remedy for the tires skidding for the first few seconds of the race and how to control a fish tail.

Thanks for atleast reading my comment.
Look at my avatar. Do you see any tires skidding? I can't tell you how many imports I've spanked. I've out 60'd AWD cars too. Chassis setup, tires, knowing the car - it's all part of it.

If FWD or AWD were the way to go, you'd see it in a variation of Top Fuel. Tommy Ivo tried it and found that once you get into REAL horsepower, you lose the ability to aim the car. He had a 4-engine dragster that smoked all four wheels down the track. It was a handful!
Loader is offline   Reply With Quote