View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #12
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM/IOM View Post
I have a similar noise occur only when the car is cold. Doesn't matter if it's hot or cold outside. When I put the shifter in drive and start to accelerate I can hear a rattle, kind of like it's coming from the transmission? It only will do it for 1-2 seconds and won't do it again until the engine is cold again. It's driving me nuts and I have had it at the dealership. They were able to hear it too but couldn't locate where the sound originates from.

I also am having an issue where under wide open throttle, the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts surge at the shifting points. It won't do it in the higher gears. The car isn't throwing any codes, but it's affecting the performance. The dealer couldn't find anything wrong with the engine, transmission or rear end. They asked me to bring it back in if a cel reads on the dash. They really couldn't give me any other ideas why the car is doing this. Possibly the mass air flow sensor? I thought it may be that or the transmission or torque converter but the problem only exists under W.O.T. in the first 3 gears.
I'm starting to think the only way to get the issue resolved is with a tune.

My car is a 2010 s.s. L99. with 53,000 miles.

I'm wondering if GM incorporated a clutch delay valve on the manuals? Our S2000 has one. It's designed to prevent clutch dumping and excessive load on tranny and drive components. Maybe someone more savvy than me on Camaro manual setups can elaborate.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote