View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 01:20 AM   #1
spacecowby

Drives: 2010 black 2SS/RS
Angry Warranty voided for tinted windows

I'll start off by saying this is not on my camaro but on my wife's 2010 tahoe. The drivers side inside door handle was broken and wasn't opening the door. So I took it to the dealership thinking "No problem it's still under the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. Well they tell me its a certain part on the inside of the door but they won't cover the work under warranty because the windows are tinted and it appears that the window tinters took the door panel off. I had the tahoe tinted the day I bought it in 2010 in South Carolina, I am now in Hawaii. How would they be able to tell if the door panel was taken off and who cares if it was? I emailed chevy twice to ask about this and try to get it settled but they never emailed me back. My wife called them and finally chevy called back and said it's up to the dealer if they want to fix it under warranty or not and they didn't want to but they would give me 15% off the part and labor. And since I'm in Hawaii I only have 2 choices of dealerships and they both said no. Anyone else had anything as stupid as this? This is really turning me away from Chevy.

Black cars are not hobbies, they are an obsession
spacecowby is offline   Reply With Quote