View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #47
Cruuzin LV

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
The numbers in Jannetty's test show that the Halltech out performs the C.A.I. The Halltech wasn't tested with the scoop, but if it was it would beat C.A.I. a bit.

C.A.I., Halltech, Vararam; They all work fine.

Going with C.A.I. for me would be like following the herd. Not my style, but it sure is a good product. Well built and performs. I don't like it's looks but the majority here sure seem to like it.

Halltech out performs C.A.I. according to Jannetty's test but it didn't catch on like C.A.I. did here. I think this is also a great intake.

Vararam wasn't in the test, but has many faithful followers. It looks more like a full on road race car's intake. Not really pretty like a C.A.I., but I can appreciate function before form. I have the Vararam and I like it a lot. But I'm not going to recommend it just because I own it. The others are good choices too.

If you are not buying an intake right now, then I'd suggest thinking about waiting for the Jac-Fab intake to come out. It is a new design and it would appear to be staged to be the new top dog.

Ain't it great that we have many good choices ???

Yes the Camaro aftermarket just gets better and better and will continue to be the reason for threads like these. I actually like the look of the Vararam over a CAI but people "appear" to have less issues with the CAI.

What style intake is the Jac-Fab?
Cruuzin LV is offline   Reply With Quote