View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 02:01 AM   #1
Bodywerks

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Radar detector paid for itself this week

Was in an older part of town to visit my grandfather this week. Leaving, I got on a road with a 50mph speed limit. In old folks town, this means "better do 40 just to be safe".
I got behind one old folk, doing the 40, and passed without incident, of course I had to exceed the speed limit to get around him quickly. Old folk #2 wasn't far off, doing 40. I go to pass when my K band hits 8. I let off, and sure enough around the curve was a cop scanning for speeders. Patiently passed by without incident, then passed the old folk shortly after.
I know they aren't fool-proof, but if they save you from just one ticket they've paid for themselves, IMO, So I now have a 'free' radar detector!
HSA delete, VMAX throttle body, CAI inc. Intake, PRC255 heads, BTR 660 springs, BTR cryo-treated rockers, PAT G 232/240 .654/.626 110+2, johnson 2110's, Manton 502 pushrods, C5R, Melling high volume/high pressure, Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley, Proform covers, Kooks stepped headers, catless mids, Doug Thorley exhaust. 512rwhp, 446rwtq on a mustang dyno, tuned by Cunningham motorsports.
Bodywerks is offline   Reply With Quote