View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #15
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
For the street slayer you need a larger throw out bearing. Here's a pic of it installed along with the Tick speed bleeder.

I also have the tick braided stainless line. So in order to get the stock clutch line out there is a clip holding it in on the firewall. You just have to squeeze in the sides with your finger. The only way I could figure out how to get the clutch line out was to cut it and pull the top through the engine bay and the bottom from underneath the car.

I also installed the JDP motorsport separate clutch fluid reservoir while I was at it. You just pull off and cap the clutch line from the stock reservoir and plug in the new one and screw it onto the front of the brake reservoir.

the next shot is just how the new braided clutch line mounts.

So after I got all that done I lined up the transmission and got it bolted to the engine. This was a PITA with just me, but if I had to do it again, I think it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad. The jack I got from harbor freight was very helpful (thanks Stealth).

Ok so since all of the transmission work was done is time to move to the rear end. I had to sand off the glue from the old bushings, so I made sure they were very smooth which took off most of the powdercoat, so I just painted them with some rustoleum. I also pulled off the upper control arm bushings to have the bearings pressed out.

Thats as far as I got today. More to come this weekend.
Attached Images

Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control

Last edited by BigMatt; 03-14-2013 at 08:39 PM.
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote