View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #101
FredWiz

Drives: '67 GTO, 2010 LS
Thank goodness for this site and forum.
I have a 2010 V6 and I'm also having problems with the CEL and mis-fires.
It started last year at approx. 35000 miles. Going down Rt 95 at 60+ miles an hour the engine lost power and was hesitating. Pull over turn the engine off then restart and everything is fine.
Okay, it's a computer, maybe just a glitch I thought.
Then it happens again maybe 2 months later with the wife driving down the PA Turnpike.
I take it to my local mechanic and he tells me the codes say a misfire, bad coil pack on the #1 cylinder. Off to the dealer we go, it now has 37,865 miles. The dealer reprograms the ECM, gives it a road test and sends me on my way.
Last Thursday, now with 41,000 miles it happens again. At least we were on a local road and not a highway. Back to the dealer. He calls and says the codes are saying it the # 2 cylinder this time.
He's keeping it over the weekend and giving it the clean out/ flush as previously discussed here.

My question now is should I get a Claim Number process started with GM? It looks like I might be another "lucky" CEL/misfire participant.
Brandon?

BTW, I have also experienced cold weather starts, but not on a regular basis. Just every once in a while.
My wife and I love driving this car, hell after 3 years I'm still driving it like I stole it. It would be a shame to now realize I made a bad decision in buying it because it's not going to last. The last Camaro I bought lasted me almost 15 years, I was hoping this one would at least give me half of that.

Last edited by FredWiz; 05-19-2013 at 12:34 PM.
FredWiz is offline   Reply With Quote