View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #911
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
Hi everyone! Got mine last Thursday night and left for vacation on Saturday for Newport, RI and am leaving for Martha's Vineyard tomorrow. Breaking it in well with about 700 miles on it so far and all at varying speeds and driving conditions. Gotta break it in before it gets garaged for the winter. Can't believe the comments, stares, thumbs up and compliments we are getting on this car. This color is just beautiful. Gotta share a few stories with you (and I know a number of you have probably experienced some similar situations).

Parked next to a new silver 2010 Camaro at a park. 12 year old kid is snapping pictures of my car when we returned to it. I said "Do you like that car?" He says "Yes!" I said it was my car. He says "Way cool!!!" I asked him if he took pictures of the silver one with black stripes next to it and he says "No, it's not as cool as your car!" Unbelieveable!!!

Waiting for a traffic light in Newport, RI and a father with 2 young boys is walking by the car. He says to them "Look at that NICE car!" Then he says to me "Nice custom paint job!" I had to go because the light changed and didn't have time to tell him it was factory paint!!!

Check in at a hotel. Girl at front desk asks me if I like my car. Of course I answered that I did. She says it is really hot and said she would make sure she hooked us up with a room that we would be able to look out and check on our car whenever we wanted, because that is what she would want if she owned the car. I said that works for me. It sitting right outside our room window as I am typing this.

Continuing to Martha's Vineyard tomorrow and hoping to get some better shots with some nice backdrops. Hope everyone is enjoying theirs, and maybe someday we can have an IBM convention.
Attached Images

MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote