Thread: Z28 Fan...
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #32
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSJIM View Post
Do you guys just skim the posts or actually read them, I am NO expert on the Z28 but I do READ. I think you guys just can't let anyone else have an option and so I end this thing with the original post. I THINK (IN MY OPINON), THAT YOU ARE BUILDING THIS CAR IN YOUR OWN MINDS AS A SUPERCAR AND I HOPE YOU ARE NOT DISAPPOINTED WHEN IT COMES OUT OR DO YOU JUST LIKE TO ARGUE?
sounds to me like you want the TTV6. the real question is why? we have so many reasons why a TTV6 isn't viable for a road track car. the original z28 was such an animal. how old are you? I only ask because I do find a lot of the younger, about 10 years younger than me, people have this mentality that a v-6 and turbos are better than any v-8. when time and time again it can be proven that it's not.

I mean you are entitled to your opinion. but you said option. so it sounds like what you want and what the heritage of the Z is are two different things. I wouldn't mind seeing a TTv6. I feel it would bring in more buyers, but for performance vs cost of such a setup in this car it just doesn't work.

I'm not arguing I'm making a point. and it also sounds like when your points aren't sound/strong you think we are arguing. Not everyone is going to get what they want in the Z28. I for one am already preparing for such a thing. because what I want isn't already on the market, and won't be until it's first in the C7 vette. but will that stop me from saving for it. no. does that stop me from hoping that this Z28 can handle corners better and is faster then the SS in the twisties, no. I have a general idea of what I will be satisfied with from the factory. and it isn't all the bells and whistles you get with a 2SS/2LT.

things I would like to see:

handling 1G+ on the skid pad
ring time less than 8:10
1320 in the mid to low 12's.
manual leather seats as an option
and heads up display

I don't need onstar, TC or infotainment system. but I have a feeling I will be forced into 2 out of three of those.

everyone is entitled to their opinion. but when you have people that lived during those times (wildpaws) and know what the Z was about, you just don't try to prove your point with weak information. that is all.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote