View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
MyWorld

Drives: RJT 2LT RS
First STS Kit in Chicago Area

I've finally have got arround to creating this thread. (My Bad)

I sort of slipped out the secret earlier than I wanted to cause I was just too excited. Anyway, my STS kit is installed and ready for me to pick up at Performance Unlimited in Ringwood, IL (near Mchenry). I am at work right now drooling over going to pick it up at 8am Saturday Morning.

I am going to get my car dyno'd at Benchmark Tuning at about Noon tomorrow (Saturday, 11/20/2010)
Tomorrow evening I will have some better pictures posted, and a video of it getting dyno'd.

This is the meat of the kit. The TURBO!! Its a bit blurry, I'll have better pics tomorrow

This is the blow off valve on the left side of the car.

This is the pipe that brings the boost from the turbo to the engine on the right side of the car

This is my intercooler behind the front facia of my lower bumper. I didn't want the front facia cut in anyway, I still want my car to have a stock look to it, sort of a sleeper.

This is the screw underneath my intercooler that is used to drain condensation. I need to have something fashioned custom to get at it. Right now my lower bumper covers it and I do not want to just drill a hole in the underside on the bumper

This is the boost pipe again near the front

This is the boost pipe again at the front but shown at the top. You can see the 2nd blow off valve here

This is the oil pump that pumps oil from my turbo back to the pan

This is the air filter near the turbo in the rear. That piece that is covering it is not plastic. It is a mesh and its called a prefilter.

This is where my wideband O2 guage reads how lean my exhaust is.

Here is my new oil cap. You can see where the oil is returned from the turbo sticking out the top

These are my new tips. They were shortened the from what the were last weekend, so it doesn't look so obvious that the car was modified. I did not like the way STS designed then to stick WAY out originally.

Here's the box the turbo came in

This is my custom gauge pod. It turned out awsome, it matches the trim on my door panels and dash trim in my car. I have beige interior, and the panels are sort of a Champaigne color that looks really sharp. Look for some better pics of the gauge pod tomorrow. This turned out really really sharp.

MyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote