View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 07:09 AM   #14
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMotorSports View Post
No... for that kind of set up your looking at more around $2400. thats for kooks headers and mid pipes and borla axle back system. then i would get a intake $450 and a good local dyno tune for around $650.
I called and talked to Kooks themself over the phone. I told them I saw the $2400 which consist of a Complete System for 2010 Camaro. Includes Headers, Catted X-Pipe and Kooks Mufflers for Exhaust.
I mentioned I was wanting this however I dont want there mufflers im wanting Borla. He told me instead of purchasing .....

Item 6511-Complete system 1 7/8 headers and everything listed above the best option for me or anyone who wants a different muffler installed besides theres would have to go with buying .........

Item 6511-OEMC which consist of Headers along with ( I cant remember the part number for ) extension pipes with the cats for around $1,498.00

Then you would need to go with whtever brand you want in my case borla and that would mean ordering a catback system.

He said we do not sell the headers and X pipe for the 2010 Camaro and put in a borla muffler for you. He explained Our X pipe is just like everyones ( mandrel bent tubing ) it would be better off and cheaper to just buy the headers and acessories through kooks and purchase a simple catback from borla and call it done. The catback hooks right up to our headers and extension pipes.

out the door comes out around $2,900 I think it is

he explained there is no reason to purcahse Item 6511-Complete system for $2,400 and then have to go with borla and purchase Part # 11775 Stainless Steel Rear Section "S-Type" mufflers alone for $765.99 and be stuck with our muflers which you wouldnt be using that come in our complete kit. That would come out to $3165.99

makes perfect since

Yes you can purchase the kooks headers and mid pipes for $2,400 however you gotta go through Borla and purchase there Stainless Steel Rear Section for another $800. Kooks does not sell those mufflers he explained. I even had my Fiance Call and ask the same questions and someone else on a different day gave her the same answer.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote