Thread: Hey Cleveland!
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #13
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
I'm a trekkie by birth...my dad was a trekkie so I was pretty much born into it. We aren't the convention-types...we just loved the original and especially TNG. I still DVR TNG re-runs on Sci-Fi and Spike (when they used to show them all the time).

This was just way weird...did they pretty much just create a new dimension/timeline that they can build from and throw out all the lore from the last 40 years of Roddenbery Star Trek?
Well, they did need to give the series new life. I mean, they were losing fans every day. They had to go big or go home.

That's okay though, this newest series called, "Enterprise" takes the entire timeline, craps on it, burns it, then throws it out the damn window. I hate it. This new movie in my opinion was closer to the timeline than the new series. Plus it was a lot more entertaining. But my deal is that I watched the original trek series, but I never got into it too much. So I honestly don't know how close it is to the timeline. I'm not a very good trek fan, but I do love the Shows