Old 03-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #453
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post

Friday the 8th of April, there may be 1500+ Hp rolling into San Antonio on the prowl... 2 cars, no fear...
Ready and willing sir

Quote:

There may be three of us using them at one time or the other... they're only tires right... whats a couple of tires among friends, friends that will drive 60 or 70 miles one way to pick up the tires,
C5 is an amazing family of Good People, amazing cars, and friends....
Yes... grreeeat people.. the best. and sure.. i will run your tires too if you want.

Actually, Robert, did you get a cage? you know you need one under 10.99 right, haha

Quote:
In the almost famous words of Doug, after driving Kyles car in San Antonio, a drive in which he got pulled over, first gear is like whaaaaaa, gone... taking about as long as it takes to read whaaaa. and then second was no better... If yours or mine pulls third gear like the stock LS-3, relatively speaking, then both our cars are going to go from 70 to 110 in the blink of an eye...
Ok.. we really didnt get pulled over.. we pulled ourselves over when the red and blues went spinning.. but he was more interested in the other guy... so we slipped away unnoticed.

and yes.. Doug was funny, there is no first gear if you are in boost, second not much better and if I am in 3rd cruising I can blip the throttle and lay rubber all the way up to 70mph.

What gets me is that 60-90 in literally 1.5 seconds... thats how that DFW cop got me, he had to be really quick on his trigger to catch that speed burst cause i braked right after.... GOOD LUCK Robert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Now that you (and others here) are pushing up the numbers you will find the stuff Tom at NRE said - It's not the 0..60, it's the 60-160. 0-60 on anything other than a fully prepped track is a pure traction battle... But be careful on the roads - there is nothing hairier than breaking tires loose at highway speeds. You are then a drifter - like it or not.
I like this Tom guy, never really listened to him until i watch the youtube vids you posted in your thread Speedster, he is fun to listen to. Watched the NRE TV videos for 2hrs.

Quote:
Corey is hoping to be driving my car Monday... Woo Hoo...

that'll give him two weeks for the breakin, dyno runs/tuning, and testing prior to my arrival back home.. She ought to be well situated...
this makes me happy