View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
How to run wires into the door

This is a short how to showing how I ran wires through the rubber boot that connects the door to the A pillar post. If anyone has tried, you know it's very difficult to snake a wire through there. I needed to run a wire for my Showstopper side mirrors. I used a short piece of brass tubing I got from a local model hobby shop. I ran the brass tubing through the boot and when I got to the A pillar end, I made a small cut in the boot. This part of the boot will be inside the car when everything is reassembled. Also, after the wire was run, I sealed over the cut with a little black RTV. Once the brass tubing was in place, it was an easy matter to run the wire through the inside of the tubing. Once the wire is run, just pull the tubing out. It doesn't stay in there, it's just to get the wire through. As far as the connector goes, there is an unused part of the terminal block with no pin that I ran the wire through on the passenger side. The driver's side has a wire that I removed since it doesn't go to anything. The wire I removed was on the door side of the connector with no terminal on the A pillar connector side. Hope this helps some of you out there.
Attached Images