View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 12:31 AM   #6
VoodooCat

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 LS Supercar View Post
Well today i moved the insulation a bit and it didnt help. I took the Camaro in and had a tech ride with me so i could point out the noise and get my tires rotated. The tech seems to make a good sugestion that the noise is just normal gear whine coming from the transmission sense the noise is only present under load at speed and goes away when i let it coast so that should rule out a bad bearing sense it is not a constant noise. Sense i have a stick shift all the gears in the tranny are metal to metal contact and that can be noisy vs all the clutches involved with auto trans. I also have less than 10k on the clock so things in the tranny are still a bit in the wear in period. So even though my whine is still there i guess theres not much i can do unless it gets worse or breaks but I think the tech could have a valid point it could just be tranny noise.

I don't know, but if that was the case then ALL manuals would have the problem... or most. I bought my SS yesterday and it started making a rattling noise around 2,000 rpm on the way home (1.5 hour drive, so no point to go back to selling dealer) I test drove 5 other SS's before buying this one and never heard the noise, so they better not give me a lame excuse about it being a normal sound in a manual. All were manual's like mine with the dual mode exhaust. Only mine rattles...
VoodooCat is offline   Reply With Quote