View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #180
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
@terry_b.....funny, I'm going through the same thing with my steering wheel slightly cocked but to the right. I went to LG Motorsports since they are local and do a bunch of road racing. A tech took it for a drive and basically said to take it back and show them what the steering is doing. He said they may have to shorten or lengthen a front tie rod or it's possible that the steering wheel was not completely straight when they aligned it. Either way they should probably fix for free but you need to get back to them sooner rather than later. Make sure to take if for a test drive after the alignment to make sure it seems fixed.

I decided to order some Pedders rear camber bolts to try to get a better rear camber based on Pete's recommendations. I'm just waiting for them to get here any day now and had to reschedule my alignment for a couple more days. I plan to take the alignment guy for a drive beforehand to show him my concerns and then take it for a ride afterwards to see it he fixes it.

I hope to get this worked out because my car feels like a wounded duck. I'm not enjoying driving it right now. Actually, instead of finding every excuse to drive it I'm now trying my best to not drive it until I can get things worked out.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote