Thread: 1LE?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 12:55 AM   #42
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
AND you missed why I was asking whats the fascination with the V6 BODY. SO far a lot have said make a 1LE that has the V6 Body with the V8, which I am saying makes no sense as there is no savings that way. Thats why I was confused as it seemed like YOU were talking about the V6 style, not the whole car being V6 engine based.

As well if you were making a 1LE which was a factory "race car" option making it a V6 would be nothing short of useless as there is no way you could lighten it enough to make it competitive in anything. Now if it was turboed like the one in your profile pic (the Leno car) then we are talking. Unfortunately this will never happen.

The bottom line is you were talking about something completely different than the point of the thread which was a lightweight weekend racer V8 option, the 1LE.
Not to stir the pot, but if you Turbo a V6, how much weight do you save over the V8, once you add in an intercooler, and all the piping, yo end up at roughly the same HP as a V8 SS..............?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote