View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #44
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
On Tuesday, 4RD H8R called me and wanted me to come take a look at the pinstripe. I did that this morning. We decided that it was a little too thin. They are going to redo the pinstripe hopefully today. Couple coats of clear goes on top, wet sand, and buff. Going to be tight to even get it done by Friday. However, it is goint to look sweet! I got a good look of the red flakes in the black, and it is just the subtle detail that I love.

I have been doing some painting of some parts at home. They are ready to go on the car as soon as I pick it up. AAC LED side markers, and my CAI air box and tube.

I also looked at the COTW this week, which is an orange convertible. He painted the ends of his strut tower brace, and polished the crossbar. That looks really nice. I'm thinking about what I could do, with black and white. Maybe painting the ends black, and wrapping the crossbar in white carbon fiber vinyl??? Or just paint it white??? Any opinions?

Likewise, I'm going to need to do something with the engine cover. Gotta get rid of the silver. That doesn't go too well with white in my opinion.