View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #304
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
But I love that burnt golden yellow color

I am betting you'll know the difference after one hot lap. To keep everyone on track could you tell us again about your current brake setup and why you wanted to upgrade?
i have ss lines...dot4 fluid...racingbrake rebuild caliper kit, racing brake pads, oem calipers, racing brake rotors. the caliper will be new, also i have a brake duct set up waiting for install that will use the bottom light on zl1 front fascia.

being an auto on a road course and driving very aggressively gets me in trouble with heat....mainly dust boots and pushing the pad past its heat range. looking to lose more unsprung weight and lose the dust boots. plus having a properly designed caliper made with precision with a bigger better fitting better placed pad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
So, are these the 6 piston setup they have been working on for the 5th gen?
no 4 pots...they have the ctsv size rotors already and may either do a caliper to fit that or figure a way to get a bigger 6pot and rotor on there...think gtr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefrog View Post
so, the real difference between the op and post 283 would be the pad application?

a set of the rb rotors and say some hawk hp plus pads would be great?
not sure of the difference you are asking op was just about 2 piece rotors...my latest post was about a lightweight caliper with bigger pads.

i think hawk hp+ are to much for street and junk for track. dont know how you drive or what you drive on. rb rotors are truly a work of art and have function and form.