View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #118
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourage View Post
I'm scheduled with the exhaust shop to have this done on Tuesday. His shop is respectable and has been around for quite some time.
However, he does not have any stainless in that Dia. on hand and he would have to buy a 10' piece if I wanted it. He told me Aluminized Steel would do just fine for what I want and I'm wasting money using stainless.
Have a slight feeling he just would rather take the easier path especially after the comments about the bends he needs to make.
He figured it would cost me $130-140 to have it done with the steel.

I plan on checking a couple more places tomorrow.
I have the aluminized on mine. Sure when you mix metal there is the corrosion issue. But the fact of the matter is that the jerry cans removed were not stainless steel. And furthermore, my car wont see rain and other corrosives that could accelerate the issue. I feel very confident that this set of straight pipes should last for at least 10 years and more than likely more. Stainless is better without a question but you could do it twice with aluminized. Sound would be the same. And allignment might be better cause it is so much easier to bend.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote