View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #14
catalan

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln361 View Post
I got a check engine light this morning. I went to auto zone to have it checked and it read that I my 02 sensors were bad or malfunction. I have a TVS 2300 with the no cats and stock CAI. Has anybody had any problems with their sensors going bad after the install. I had it tuned and running for a couple of months now, so im pretty sure they tuned it out or whatever they had to do. Could the sensors have gone bad already? Any help or suggestions would be great right now
You shouldn't worry about it at all if you had your tune done ..

According to my experience, the codes that pop out are P1133 and P1153 .. Those are related to the two Oxygen sensors upfront .. You should be able to clear them yourself .. I believe most of TVS2300 users have the SCT Tune device .. I use it only to detect and identify the codes .. You can also clear the code ..

You should worry about it if it pops frequently ... If it does, then there is something wrong with them .. I get'em once in a while and in weather change .. Sometimes those sensors get lazy too .. Sometimes you'll notice that one of the sensors is touching the heat shield (you can see it once you life up the car) .. This might cause the wire sensors to heat up and melt sometimes .. make sure it doesn't touch it and you should be fine ..

Your tuner can also identify in his tuning device (HP Tuners ...etc) if you're idling range is good and whether you're between the 5% range of being rich or lean .. There is also the O2 sensors gauge indicators, it will reveal to him if your sensors are working good or not ..

Hope that helps ..
catalan is offline   Reply With Quote