View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 11:09 PM   #6
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Sorry to hear it. I just lost my Grandpa (moms side) on Dec 30th....just a few days ago. We were all there when he passed. I'm taking that family medical leave act deal right now (hence me being on the comp a lot more). I've been helping out mom clear out her house of Grandpas stuff...clothes, personal stuff, etc. Took all his stuff to Goodwill. Detailed out his car so I can take it and sell it for mom. Lotsa little stuff. It helps out mom.

We did find some cool stuff in his belongings, though. Found boxes of super old coins from back in WW II. German coins w/ swastikas (tons of'em), coins from Turkey, Italy, etc....dating back to 1930's. Found his recruiting paperwork for the White Sox dated back to 1943...but he declined after trying out to join his buddies in the war. Some really cool stuff. But, yeah...that's what I've been doing. All that stuff is going into safe keeping.

Sure it's hard on his family and yours. My prayers go out to you.
Same to you bro, I know what you mean about cleaning out, though I didnt help my cousin clean out his dads shop ...... I didnt even bother to go to his funeral, its not bc i didnt want to, its bc I just couldnt, its hard to explain really, I didnt even go up to the casket last night to see him one last time, I went in the room but I stayed away fro the casket area. It is hard losing someone, we werent really CLOSE but if i needed his help he was there.

I do know that his shop had tons of tools and he owned tons of truck, and a couple tractors and some other motorized things (of what I couldnt tell you bc he had so much) but idk.

I t seemed like a cruel joke at first, but it'll eventually set in that the family member isnt here anymore and everything'll quiet back down WHich will give us a break.

UPDATE on grandma, she has Pneumonia so thats why her chest was hurting her so bad