View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #13
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I am going to just throw something out there... Have them check the main wiring harness connector where it goes through the firewall. My father had a car act similar to that and it was the main wiring harness connector was loose and would lose partial power to some systems intermittently..
I asked the service manager and he said they did look at all the wiring from the battery to the main fuse block, as well as the wiring from the fuse block to the cabin. Everything with the wiring and connectors looked good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Way to few good dealerships around with competent mechanics they think everything is plug and code now and that is the way it's going sadly. I sat in on a friends online seminar for auto technicians wasn't a GM seminar but all i got is use the codes to verify problems not once did i hear look under the hood. Anyone miss the old non car PC days where you could diagnose the issue by the noises the car made practically. I bring my car to a local shop with any adverse behavior before i go to the dealership after my transmission and radiator blew in my 02' PoS Malibu 80 miles after a check-up where the dealership said everything was perfectly fine.
Yep, it is and it sucks! I am debating buying a beater and getting myself a classic so I don't have to worry about the computer crap! Yea I've had dealerships do me wrong in the past so I rarely take it in now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
I had a very similar thing happen to my 2011 Buick regal turbo.. It was a manual the engine redlined with the family in the car and I was shifting through the gears to no avail. That uncontrolled acceleration is not fun. I ended up getting GM to buy back with the recommendation I buy at the same dealer, the dealer was helpful to me. But the dealer turned on me because they didn't see the new car as a true purchase?? Anyways it took months, hang in there continuously site your safety concern. Good luck you can get rid of the car, it will just take time. On a side note I bought a 2012 Sierra and it had electrical and mechanical issues, I just traded it.. Yeah I feel your pain.
Yea this is not my first incident where it took time to get GM to help out. Our dealership is being helpful luckily. My wife and I have talked about trading it, but it would be negative equity so we are trying to avoid that situation at the same time we want out of the car now. I fear everyday when my wife drives it and my daughter is in the car. We were already in a rear end accident not too long ago in my 2010 Camaro SS (sold it after the wreck). Luckily my daughter wasn't in that accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello,

I looked up your case, and the agent is scheduled to be speaking with your dealership today. Please continue to keep us posted on any new news!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
I spoke with my agent yesterday around noon CST. He was completely honest with me and told me my only option at this point is to continue taking it to dealerships to see if they can diagnose it or reproduce it. Outside of that our hands are basically tied. He said that was his personal opinion too. GM can do nothing until it can be reproduced. His reasoning behind the answer makes sense, but sucks. It is so other techs can get their hands on it (new pair of eyes) as well as perhaps a dealer has had an incident like this (in any car, not just a Camaro) and can be of help.

Do we have any other options at this point? Can we seek higher up help than what we are receiving right now?

Serra Chevrolet has been great (minus one incident), they fixed our seat squeaking, and have done everything they can at this point. The service manager believes us 100% and is doing anything he can to help solve this as well.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote