View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #109
cradiaz

Drives: 2013 LS
My understanding is no PDIM upgrade for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve03 View Post
I'm trying to get this cleared up. I have a 2013 LS without the USB drive in my car. There is no way for me to stream bluetooth audio withouth paying for the PDIM to be installed, is that correct? The website says it comes standard. What gives? Any help would be appreciated.
I researched this prior to spending money, what I was told by the dealer and also a Chevrolet rep on this website:
"I am sorry to hear of the frustrations. The best course of action is to work with the dealership's advice as they are certified technicians and will be able to offer the best solution for you at this time. I do apologize for any further frustration. This particular option is only available in the 1LT, 2LT, 1SS, 2SS, and ZL1 trim levels. We do document concerns and feedback such as this for further review. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know!"

It didn't make any sense to me, but the unofficial answer is that Chevrolet wants to push "myLync" so they changed the radio head for the 2013 model. I didn't spent the money to test and see if this was all true.

My temporary solution has been to purchase a Bluetooth receiver that plugs into a USB charger I have in the cigarette plug in the arm rest. Works great, except that I have to control the music via the phone, not steering wheel controls.
"VicTsing Portable USB Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter with 3.5 mm Stereo Output Black"

Last edited by cradiaz; 01-23-2014 at 11:08 AM.
cradiaz is offline   Reply With Quote