View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 05:40 AM   #36
NC_SG_SS

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
I haven't responded to my own thread for quite awhile, but GM did come and look at my car, they saw the mismatches, but felt it was within their tolerences and was part of the flop, angle of light etc. This was on the metal only, and the urethane and metal were off, but i expected that from day one. Im a former 2 time vette owner, it had orange peel all over both. I got this car for the color period. Let's speed up, I chose on my own to have the sides repainted by a private painter, who I completely trust. It took over two months to get a match. This was because the issue was most noticeable in bright light. So he had to mix and match on those days. Not easy in winter...haha, I am happy to report success and will post pics in about a month. Waiting for paint to degausse to put paint protection back on. Let me say GM took me very seriously, and sent more than local guys. They were courteous, and I felt gave me my day in court.They gave me reasonable options. At the end of the day, this was my decision to repainted. No regrets. I saw several SGM and saw this on almost all of them, some better, some worse. Comes down to what u can live with. When nice weather around here in April, I should back on the road, as I replaced the spoiler, added front splitter. Painting calipers SGM with custom stencils with 69 camaro logo and brembo. upgrading front rotors to brembo slotted performance. Upgrading fogs to AAC to P13W white plasmas. Replacing bow ties with 69 SS badges, installing SGM heritage grill. lots on inside as well. Getting the paint right was worth it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
I have the SIlver color and it is mismatched to hell, but again plastic versus metal this happens, and not worth wasting my time on... especially with my dealers auto body shop which sucks anyway.
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc
NC_SG_SS is offline   Reply With Quote