View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #759
cmore

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftz33 View Post
Went to pickup my Camaro after having the AFM lifters replaced. The shop foreman was trying to help me get my HW/DB / SW/DB PDIM updated to SW/DD. After he was able to drill into the configuration/calibrations for the PDIM he found that no newer software download part number was available to download into the PDIM than what it already has installed. He showed me the screen showing the version installed in the PDIM and latest update for the PDIM and they were the same part number.

At this point in time, it appears that a service department cannot update a HW/DB PDIM to SW/DD.

The only way to get SW/DD right now is purchasing the latest/greatest PDIM part number 22797218.

U and the dealer need to read PI0055B it covers 2010 and 2011 models and also states they should update the hardware. I had the same issue as have some of the 2010 owners. The PI flatly states that they should update the hardware. I was also told I would have to buy the new PDIM, which was wrong. It took a while but I finally got them to follow it. Hang in there.

PS
By update I meant change out with the newer module.

Last edited by cmore; 08-25-2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: added PS
cmore is offline   Reply With Quote