View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #21
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Hi. I'd like to revisit this thread.

I have a 1LE with the 4 piston brembos. I enjoy the occasional track day and want more braking power.

Had an Audi S4 than ran 11.39s (yes, monster) and installed AP Racing brakes. It'd pop your eyeballs out when stopping. But the brakes rubbed something fierce and I've, therefore, become somewhat suspect of certain aftermarket mods. But I loved how fast the S4 would stop. In the 1LE I'm afraid I'm going to run over someone.

In the 1LE I'm stock but have added Super Blue Racing fluid.

Of course I'm thinking about stainless steel brake lines. And I'm considering cooling ducts. But I'm, frankly, not convinced this will make that much of stopping distance improvements.

Not withstanding all the above threads, I'm really not clear on what the logical recipe should be to achieve on-the-dime stopping power. Can anything be done keeping the stock rotors and 4 piston brembos? Currently I feel like I need to stand on the brakes and I dislike that feeling immensely. Will the steel lines, ducts and race fluid be enough?

Thank you in advance.
The Camaro is a very heavy car so it takes a lot to slow them down. Better pads, Lines, fluid and ducts will definitely help a lot, but if you road race the car (which judging from your Avatar you do), then larger calipers pads and rotors are really your best bet. I suggest checking out our CTS-V brake upgrade. Our kit is very afordable when compared to other big brake kits and comes with everything you need for the swap including front and rear pads, Stainless steel brake lines, hardware and even fluid!

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote