View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
CROOPS34

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metalic 2SS/RS
Stress Cracked Windshield

I was washing my SS last weekend and I noticed a 4 or 5" crack in the windshield starting from the bottom on the passenger side just under the wiper. At first I got pretty angry at myself for not noticing a chip that had turned into a crack but on closer inspection there was no chip. I couldn't feel any rouch or raised surface on the outside OR inside of the glass.

Just took the car to the dealership this afternoon (Markville Chevy in Markham Ontario) to see what they thought hoping they were going to say it was a stress crack and praying when I pulled in they wouldn't try to tell me it was the vibration from my exhaust. To my surprise (it was a nice one) I was there for all of about 5 minutes before the service manager told me he was ordering a new windshield and would call me next week when it came in.

So two reasons for posting this....

one, has anyone else found stress cracks in their windshileds? I'm just curious to see if it's a semi common problem.

and two, to share a possitive dealer experience on this forum. I think it's nice to read them every once in a while.
CROOPS34 is offline   Reply With Quote