View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozef View Post
I just hit 250 miles on my car, and as soon as it rolled over, it seemed like the engine came alive. I've been taking it easy- only taking it over 4k rpm once, but there is a huge difference. All of a sudden the car seems to want to climb the rev-band with less hesitation.

I know some people have posted about how their engines came alive at 1400 miles or so.... Should I be expecting it to become even peppier?

I think so...when I hit around 1100 to 1200 miles, it just seemed like the car settled in so to speak or came alive. The only thing to me was it started feeling a little rough so that was when I knew it was time to get the oil changed over to the Mobil 1. Unless yours just settled in early, I would think you should see a subtle increase in power. I had kind of doubted the so called break in hype at first but man was I wrong about that I also think there were times when I took mine well over the 4k rpm before she was broken in but I looked at it like.....it's a car and it's made for this. No doubt about it...the car comes alive after the 1000 mile mark Pretty cool stuff!!