View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #42
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieturbo View Post
So how to the likes of the S261's or say S259's spool compared to say a 6266CEA ? OR Garret equivalent if there is one ?
Or Even the new 6466CEA ?

I'm considering bumping my old YSi in favour of twins. It's just the choice of turbo's is so vast, and peoples opinions of reliable and junk seem to vary across many units.

Ive used Precisions BB units on a few 4 cyl cars to as much as 40psi boost and never once had a problem. But reading peoples reports still makes me cautious, and the likes of a DBB 6466CEA isnt cheap, and is the unit I'd be aiming for

But I also do 1km and mile runs in my car, and after SSE 42SS's post....I have concerns again.

I dont think Ive read any bad reports about the BW units though, other than they are physically huge. But how do they spool ? Manual trans car circa 382ci and I'd be liking to hit full boost by ideally 4000rpm, at worst 4500rpm and aiming for 1k+
Would be using LS3 logs as per some of these kits in this thread although DIY.

Cost is a factor. I can get the Precision at sensible prices from a local dealer. But BW would be much cheaper either way.

Also, what scavenge pump do these kits use ?
I, too, was trying to find comparable turbos and my (probably flawed) research shows the s261 falling right around precision 6262 and 6265/66 and garrett 3582/3586. I don't really know crap about turbos and am just learning so don't take my findings as gospel. My car is slated to get s261s in the next week or so and there is a chance we might go to a different (bigger) turbo as well. Two different a/r housings (.82 and 1.0) are going to be dynoed back to back to see what difference they have on the powerband as well. Should be interesting!

I believe the agp kit uses a porsche pump for the oil return.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote