View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #33
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 View Post
Your joking about the "shaved tires" deal.. right?

The tire spec included BFG R1, Hoosier R6/A6 ... those tires don't need shaving.. lol -- you can't really complain that cars were running tires that were ok to run in the competition.. Personally I hope they move back to a real "street tire" next year, maybe a 200 treadwear or 100 treadwear like last year.

And it wasn't the fastest Camaro.. at least two '69 Camaros were faster

Both of those '69s aren't "full roll cage cars".. they have roll bars (no cages) but are easily capable of being daily driving. Both the DSE '69 and the Jackass '69 have done long hauls on the Power Tour, so don't make it sound like they are some sort of race cars. That's just not fair.

Oh, can I borrow your driver next year?

Ok, now that I've busted you balls (in good fun).. I will say you car look killer going around that track.. nicely done and you have a VERY nice car!
We were not competing with anyone. But there were mutliple vehicles thate with shaved tires, which is against the rules. Our tires are performance street tires, and not DOT rated track tires, that the manufacturer on their web site say not intended for street use. The Pedders Camaro is a daily driver and is used to pick up the kids at school.

Paul is a consultant for us, and this was a great opportunity for him to drive it in a all out way and advise us. We are very happy with the way she handled and appeared. I still do not think we got the official times yet.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote