View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #715
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXFrank View Post
As far as the "We don't drive a 1/4 mile at a time" statement goes, that's just a completely misleading, fanboyish statement that people use when they aren't on top in the performance categories. When do you EVER drive your car on the street like you do on a course like this one? You won't come anywhere near taxing the brakes like MT did in this review, so that point is a worthless and ignorant one to make.
Its not a misleading and fanboyish thing to say. Watch the video again and start at about 15:30 and listen to about 15:50. WE are not the ones who said it. What's-his-face from MT said that. So you're calling HIM a misleading fanboy?? LOL! Why cant you 'Stang boys just accept your track victories and be done with it? I mean, face it. The only thing we (Camaro fans) really have on you at this point is that the ZL1 is more comfortable, and a better daily driver because of that. I'm sorry, but someone who was judging these two cars objectively said that. Not someone who is just a diehard Camaro fanboy.

And not on top performance in the performance categories? HA! The ZL1 did better in the curves and the GT500 did better in the straights. Looking at the lap times, I think we can call these cars about even, or close to it. I mean, the GT500 was only .5 seconds faster. But you still won! So get over yourself. We DON'T drive a 1/4 mile at a time, and we don't drive a 1:38 second lap time to work and back. The decision was not which car is better at the track. Obviously, the GT500 beat the ZL1 on the strip and at the roadcourse. The decision was based on which car was the better all around driver.

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote