View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #269
SRT8Tech
2013 Super Bee

Drives: 2013 Super Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by avcbm View Post
That’s like saying the 662 HP shelpy is not killing the road course as it should… It seems like to me with the HP and weight advantage the 13 Shelby has everyone assuming the ZL1 shouldn’t beat it at anything… on paper that would be a good assumption…. It’s simple physics… HP vs Weight… but somehow I guess when the stars are just right, and moon is aligned with venus, the ZL1 seems to defy physics and runs the track better… to be honest I’m still trying to figure out how in the hell that happens, because we all know the laws of physics can’t be broken… unless somehow the ZL1 has magic ride or something……. I think credit should be given where credit is due… the lap time was very good… all that should be said is nice time… not bashing the car… everytime I hear about a great quarter mile time put down by a Shelby, I think it’s great time… love seeing the car move out….. in all things as they are… the time was a great time nothing more nothing less… it is what it is…. Yes, that would be me… I live outside the Orange Park area, and drive thru there on my to and from work… I think I may have seen you in the area as well….
I give the ZL1 a ton of credit. I said before, to get an over 4000 pound car to do what its doing is just damn good!!! I think the 2013 GT500 is just alot of power to get to the ground and its not happening. Need alot more seat time in the car to get a decent time out of it. Thats the good thing about the ZL1. Its much more easy to drive. It will be interesting to see wht Ford and Chevy put out for the next gen Mustang and Camaro.....
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD

Current ride 100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28 for now.

Tune, CAI and Drag radials. Best of 12.00 @ 115.74
SRT8Tech is offline   Reply With Quote