View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
I'm curious because I had a dyno pull the other day and pulled only 366 RWHP. Granted I only have a CAI Inc intake and Borla cat backs. I know cat back won't do anything, but I keep hearing about Jannetty's testing of CAIs and how great CAI was. Bill from CAI "guaranteed" I would be a 15 HP increase. I figure the best I got was 4 HP. My club was doing a dyno day and another guy with just a Rotofab and Solo cats pulled 20 more than me. Solo advertises gains of 20 HP, so I figure his CAI gain was probably close to mine.

So the point of this was to ascertain if I had bad gas that flipped to the low-powered map, or if this cai stuff is all BS. I buy Marathon 93 octane consistently. I have people insist they get double digit gains from CAIs. When I ask for before and after dyno sheets all I get is a reference back to Jannetty's CAI testing.

I just skeptical that there's a HP gain as large as these vendors claim. I do agree my car feels more responsive than with the stock intake, so it's not like it's a total bust.

So sounds like it's not a map issue since performance would be way less than what I am getting.
The reason we did the testing was to put to REST all the HYPE of 25-50 RWHP Gains from Cold air kits

I run a CAI on the Dyno several times a week and they always repeat 13-15 RWHP on a Stock CAR.

Without a baseline on the same day on the same dyno it is all speculation.

You also have to remember you can't Stack HP gains with multiple Mods.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote