View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 03:01 PM   #6
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Sorry but this is untrue (at least for my truck). My dodges ac compressor does not engage unless i turn on the ac. The models i have found that always run the compressor when any hvac is used are the ones that dont have an "ac" button.
My truck has an A/C button. Perhaps Dodge uses a different method to dry the air before it enters the cabin (I don't know?) but generally the compressor is used to accomplish this with both heat and defrost; as well as obviously the A/C.

**Edit-- oh yeah, I did forget-- and I can't remember if this is specific to just my truck, or if other cars have similar issues or not-- but the compressor is a tricky beast; if you turn on the air and then turn it off while the car is still running, sometimes it doesn't shut down the compressor. The only solution I've found for this is to turn all air all the way off and then back on just vent, and the compressor will stay off. But again, once I turn the temperature up at all, or set it to blow for defrost, back on it comes... and away go my ponies :(

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?

Last edited by scotchsride09; 09-23-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: remembered another point, probably not applicable at all but hey, why not?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote